[Freeswitch-users] Struggling with installing.

Mario mario_fs at mgtech.com
Fri Sep 24 11:30:00 PDT 2010

This may help someone install FS (git version) on osx 10.6.4 as of Sep
2010. Once you have downloaded (I used git):

1. Modify modules.conf to comment mod_spandsp. I think this is only for
fax. Although I downloaded SPANDSP 0.0.6, it required LIBTIFF which I
could not figure out how to install. No fax for now.

2. cp /usr/include/string.h /freeswitch/libs/flite-1.3.99/include
This is what is causing flite to fail during make. See these:
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/festlang-talk/2008-June/001043.html
http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/mpanning/OSX.html

3. CD to /freeswitch/libs/flite-1.3.99/include

4. chmod +rw+rw+rw string.h
So you can update the file.

5. Edit (in xCode) string.h, find "swab" and change line:
void swab(const void * __restrict, void * __restrict, ssize_t);
               to (comment the line):
/*void swab(const void * __restrict, void * __restrict, ssize_t);*/

6. CD /freeswitch
7. Follow normal install instructions (bootstrap, config).
8. MAKE
9. SUDO MAKE INSTALL   <- SUDO was required for this

I tested on one phone and the demo IVR worked so I am thinking it is ok.