[Freeswitch-users] Codec question: about the G729 codec

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Fri Sep 24 06:50:33 PDT 2010

On Sep 24, 2010, at 2:25 AM, joy this wrote:

> Dear all:
>

> I have some questions about the G729 codec. I will be appreciated if someone could help me.
>
> 1. If I want to modify the G729 codec, I must compile the module and substitute for the original one. Is it correct?

You can't compile your own as the source code for the g729 module isn't out there for you to compile.

> 2. It seems that there is an authentication server for G729. Should I need authentication when I use the modified G729 codec?

If you're using a naughty codec you'll be on your own, the official FreeSWITCH G729 codec is highly optimized and comes with patent indemnity.

> 3. If I want to add my codec which is not in core, how to do it?

You create a codec module just like any of the other codec examples in tree.

Using any other codec other then the official G729 and NOT paying for the patent royalties is illegal in just about every country on the planet.

/b