[Freeswitch-users] Struggling with installing.

Peter Schrock peter.schrock at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 22:51:51 PDT 2010

Hello,
I am new to FreeSWITCH email group. I am having some issues, so I apologize
if this issue is old history. If it is, please help direct me to the
appropriate archive that I may look up the information.
I am having an issue with installing FreeSWITCH on my MacMini OS X 10.6.4. I
have purchased the book on FreeSWITCH to help wrap my brain around it. I am
following the install instructions and it says to modify the
"modules.config", which I have to include flite. The problem is that I keep
getting these errors and I don't know how to resolve the error. This is what
it says when I use the command "sudo make":
(extra info deleted for brevity)
/usr/include/unistd.h:495: error: conflicting types for ‘swab’
/usr/include/string.h:137: error: previous declaration of ‘swab’ was here
make[7]: *** [find_sts_main.o] Error 1
make[6]: *** [build/i386-darwin10.4.0/obj//.make_build_dirs] Error 2
make[5]: ***
[/usr/local/freeswitch-1.0.6/libs/flite-1.3.99/build/libs/libflite_cmu_us_awb.a]
Error 2
make[4]: *** [all] Error 1
make[3]: *** [mod_flite-all] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
And then it ends the "sudo make" command. Can some one please help? Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Peter Schrock

--
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be
afraid of their people." -V-