[Freeswitch-users] CODEC2 Support in FreeSWITCH

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Tue Sep 21 11:04:18 PDT 2010

I have been working on adding CODEC2 support to FreeSWITCH which is a low bitrate LGPL codec by David Rowe.  I have made changes to create the lib required to make this work and waiting on them to be pushed back up stream so I have checked the lib into the libs folder for now.

You can find the lib and module in the latest git pull.

./bootstrap.sh
./configure
make mod_codec2-install
edit modules.conf.xml to load the mod
add the codec to your allowed codec list on sofia profiles.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Brian