[Freeswitch-users] G723-Wrong ptime

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 10:37:11 PDT 2010

we don't implement the codec because it's illegal to do so without a license.
There is no .h file because the module is a stub only capable of doing
passthrough unless you are entitled to the license or doing so
academically without our involvement.

I think you should post a debug log +siptrace of the call setup
because what you are saying makes no sense, we would not choose 120 ms
for no reason.

console loglevel debug
sofia profile internal siptrace on

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 7:56 PM, gamalsa <gamalsa at hotmail.com> wrote:

> when setting g723_1 at 30i in the external sip profile of the provider, same
> behaviour.
> when set in the vars.xml, the call doesn't complete and got error
> [incompatible destination]
>
> I think g.723 is working only in 120 ms ptime (don't know why)
>
> and from my other post >>
>
> I post an earlier topic about wrong ptime in g723.
> However after going into more troubleshooting, I found that FS uses only
> p-time 120 ms
> no matter what, even when calling internal extension or voice mail in FS
> using g.723 it uses always p-time
> 120 ms.
>
> The g.723 module loads fine with 30, 60, 90, and 120 ms, so I have no
> explanation of whats going wrong.
>
> Please Help..
>
> Thanks
>
> Update: looking into FS source files ( mod_g723_1.c ) can't find g723.h or
> g729.h
> not in the source tree of freeswitch ...
> might be the problem ! I don't know

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/