[Freeswitch-users] server failure

Tony Graziano tgraziano at myitdepartment.net
Sat Sep 18 10:24:58 PDT 2010

You should understand if your server is functioning. Keep your
terminology straight when stating its a "SIP" issue. Each UA is
something of its own design.

There are, like lots of communications protocols, a lot of things that
can sit between a sip server and the UA that could make fluid
communications difficult at times over a network.

You should start with your registration log though.

On 9/18/10, marian szczepkowski <marian at jozep.com.au> wrote:
>   Hi
>
>  From what I can gather the idiots who wrote SIP decided that a server
> is a never a point of failure, x.25 and all other telecommunication
> protocols I have had experience with are able to recover from a remote
> end error/restart. All I can find with SIP is a daft time out in the
> device to perform a re-registration request, and until that time the
> unit is unable to make a call.
>
> Am I missing something or do I have to go jump through hoops with my
> phone code to re-connect to a server after a server failure.

Sent from my mobile device

======================
Tony Graziano, Manager
Telephone: 434.984.8430
sip: tgraziano at voice.myitdepartment.net
Fax: 434.984.8431

Email: tgraziano at myitdepartment.net

Telephone: 434.984.8426
sip: helpdesk at voice.myitdepartment.net
Fax: 434.984.8427

Helpdesk Contract Customers:
http://www.myitdepartment.net/gethelp/

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.