[Freeswitch-users] sip stack problem in fsw

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 14:58:50 PDT 2010

Asterisk is not capable of async RTP and CNG so it's lack of
functionality is a feature in your case and it's probably the same
platform your provider is using.

Sending RTP for no reason when you are not talking is somewhat silly right?

Are you actually remaining silent for that period of 5 min?
Did you get the trace and prove it?

you can do the following if you wish to mimic asterisk

add this to your sofia profile in internal.xml

<param name="supress-cng" value="true"/>

restart the profile or FS

this will tell your phone and your isp not to use cng

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:17 PM,  <covici at ccs.covici.com> wrote:
> But if I use asterisk with the same endpoint -- which has no
> configuration for cng setting -- it works whereas with fsw it does not
> -- this is the purpose of my inquiry.
>
> Anthony Cosgrove <acosgrov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ahh ok this makes more sense. Your provider is probably terminating the
>> call due to lack of RTP packets. You will need to configure your
>> endpoint(s) to generate the cng. Most likely what is happening is that
>> your endpoint(s) are configured to not transmit silence so there's no
>> RTP data for that period. 5 minutes and you're out.
>>
>> On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 14:29 -0400, covici at ccs.covici.com wrote:
>> > OK, I will do something, but my provider did tell me that this was the
>> > cause of the  hangup -- comfort noise or rather lack thereof.  Is there
>> > any way  to get fs to generate such -- I did see cng packets 15 at the
>> > end of the call.

> Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
> How do
> you spend it?
>
>         John Covici
>         covici at ccs.covici.com