[Freeswitch-users] Building FS VS 2008 / For Windows Server

Malay Thakershi mthakershi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:12:40 PDT 2010

I started trying FS December last year and now I am in stage to deploy
it in live environment with my projects.

When I built it last year, I remember I had issues getting the
configuration correct and ceptral issues. I do not have good
administrative / config file skills.

I would like to compile and deploy the new version to take advantage
of bug fixes and new features such as google voice integration.

My questions:

1. When I go to properties of the solution, I see certain items (such
as 16Hz, json, etc) unchecked under "Configuration properties --
debug". Should I check all items to get a complete build? If I check
everything I get build errors in JSON module.

2. What is purpose of "_Build system", "_Config" and "_Downloads"
folders? Which config files are used to direct the solution to include
certain things and exclude others?

3. When I did first install, I used windows setup to install FS.
Should I overwrite the files that come out of solution building
process on top of current folder? Is it possible to run multiple
instances of FS on same computer so that I can check transition works?

Thank you for any help or advice.