[Freeswitch-users] mod_skypopen - performence and capacity.

Shamun toha md shamun.toha at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 03:39:18 PDT 2010

Hello Experts,

Thanks, its clear for the EC2 platform. Technically and theoretically isn't
this valid, for co-location or laboratory test (no EC2 platform)? Or will be
a Disaster in final result?

*Step 1: load core calculation*

1 EC2 = 2 Core = 20 Skype instance, where  as
5 EC2 = 5 x 2 = 10 Core = 100 Skype instance

*Step 2: load Hardware*

A. Xeon® X5650 2.66 GHz clock speed has 6 Core with 1 socket

B. Mother board with 2 socket capacity, to hold 12 core

C. Each cpu 8GB RAM or More

D. Physically 12 Core is ready with all Memory

*Step 3: load FreeSwitch*

a. NOTE: 1 instance of FreeSwitch running

b. 100 instance of skype loaded using mod_skypopen

*Will it work or die?* According to concept it should work, because we
split-ted CPU and RAM to have skype instance there desire processing space.

Lets assume at least in technical / theoretical page ( based on correct
calculation, we can make a test case either with EC2 or Physical hardware,
as a research project, how things works ).