[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail refresh event

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Mon Sep 13 17:09:41 PDT 2010

Hello,

I'm using ODBC with voicemail, and several other core functions.  My ultimate goal is to use this in
an HA cluster, but there are also some places where this data gets looked at outside of Freeswitch.

I'm building a visual voicemail application for Aastra phones using the XML interface.  I can query
the freeswitch database to see the voicemail_prefs and voicemail_msgs tables, listing each message,
paths to audio, etc.  Whenever I modify this data, Freeswitch eventually notices and updates the MWI
indicator on the phone to match what's in the database.

Is there a way to send an event to Freeswitch that will cause it to poll the database and refresh
the status of a voice mail box?

Is it a bad idea to manipulate this data outside of freeswitch?  I don't think I'm doing anything
that wouldn't take place if the alternate FS box changed this data in an HA situation.

Thanks!

-Tim