[Freeswitch-users] How to check user in directory

Yuriy Nasida nasida at live.ru
Mon Sep 13 09:59:54 PDT 2010

Steve, I think, you not absolutely correctly have understood me or I have written not clearly =)

"Or mod_xml_cdr".

 I have not understood why you mentioned about this module

"But regardless of the method, you'll still want to use sofia_contact at least to see if the user is currently registered."

FS can store the information on the registered users in a database through odbc.

http:// wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Using_ODBC_in_the_core

Thus, we can not use sofia_contact for definition the user is registered or not. Instead of sofia_contact we do simple check in our database of an operating script.

Such method is especially useful at work of several FS with a share database.

If you use sofia_contact, check the user is registered or not occurs particularly on it FS.
If check occurs in a shared database, we receive the information on that the user on one of our several FS is registered

Regards,
Nasida Yuriy