[Freeswitch-users] flashing problems

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 21:46:23 PDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au>wrote:

> On 10 September 2010 08:02, Moises Silva <moises.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You have to enable call swapping.
> > -<param name="enable-analog-option" value="call-swap"/>
> > Add that to the <settings> section of your freetdm.conf.xml
>
> Ignore my other email, I don't have it enabled. I guess this means my
> test was flawed.
>
> Is there anywhere this option is documented? The sample config seems to
> have:
>
>    <!--<param name="enable-analog-option" value="call-swap"/>-->
>    <!--<param name="enable-analog-option" value="3-way"/>-->
>
> What is the different between these two options?

call-swap allows you to to swap between one call and another with each
flash. Flash once and you will answer the incoming call, flash again and you
get back to the original call and so on.

3-way is to put you in a conference with the 2 calls.

Even if you don't have an incoming call, you can send a flash to place a
second call yourself.

Does it hurt to set it globally (as per default), or does this mean
> flash is active for ports connected to my telephone provider too? I
> only want it enabled on ports that my telephones are connected too.

It does not hurt as long as you want it enabled for all your phones. If not,
you can enable it per span.

These options are meant for fxs ports (the ones where you connect your
phones), there is no way an fxo port will receive a flash (that is, the
telco/provider can't send you a flash).

Now, if you are a good citizen (and I am sure you are) you will compensate
my effort of writing this at 12:45am when I should be sleeping; and go ahead
and document what I just said in the FreeSWITCH wiki (wiki.freeswitch.org),
pleeeeeeease :-)

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | NEW 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON L3R
9R6 Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com