[Freeswitch-users] analogue flash/recall

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 16:50:10 PDT 2010

see the default config for analog spans

see the enable-analog-option param?
choose one of the 2 call-swap or 3-way

I think you need to have at least one enabled for flash to do anything

in either case you should be able to hit flash, dial a number, hangup
for blind xfers
call-swap lets make 2 calls and go back and forth
3-way lets you make a 2nd call and flash again to combine them.

are you using openzap or freetdm it should be the same in both.....

  <analog_spans>
      <!--<param name="hold-music" value="$${moh_uri}"/>-->
      <!--<param name="enable-analog-option" value="call-swap"/>-->
      <!--<param name="enable-analog-option" value="3-way"/>-->
      <param name="tonegroup" value="us"/>
      <param name="digit-timeout" value="2000"/>
      <param name="max-digits" value="11"/>
      <param name="dialplan" value="XML"/>
      <param name="context" value="default"/>
      <param name="enable-callerid" value="true"/>
      <!-- regex to stop dialing when it matches -->
      <!--<param name="dial-regex" value="5555"/>-->
      <!-- regex to stop dialing when it does not match -->
      <!--<param name="fail-dial-regex" value="^5"/>-->
  </analog_spans>

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Brian May
<brian at microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:
> On 10 September 2010 08:06, Moises Silva <moises.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
>> on-hook/off-hook done quickly.
>
> (changed the subject)
>
> The that is correct. Often it is called "Recall" or "PBX Recall". It
> is required if you want to transfer calls etc from analogue phones
> without the PBX listening for DTMF tones inband.
>
> On Asterisk, the idea is if you push this button, you can the dial
> tone, and can make a new call while the old call is on hold. If you
> push it again you get a conference call, and then if you hang up you
> have effectively made an attended transfer of the call.
>
>> Brian, what is it that does not work with flash?
>
> When I push the flash button, I get loss of audio for a moment, and
> then the current call resumes.
>
> Admittedly I am not entirely sure what to expect with Freeswitch, but
> would be nice if I could use it to transfer calls.
>
> Same as with Asterisk. Although I never could get this working with
> Asterisk either, I ended up having to push the off-hook button
> manually, which is risky (push it for too long and you disconnect the
> call) and not always possible with modern phones. Changing the time
> intervals never seemed to help.
> --
> Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au>

Anthony Minessale II