[Freeswitch-users] New to the list

Jody Rudolph jody.rudolph at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 19:13:57 PDT 2010

Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm sure I'll be posting here often
looking for opinions. I have recently started a large project to create a
scalable, fault-tolerant, and entirely open source communications platform
and my intention is to use Freeswitch for the core of this system. I'm
really excited about what I have seen from Freeswitch so far. I come from a
big Asterisk background in the old days but have spent the last 5 years in
proprietary voice systems prison :)

My main areas of focus right now are distributed call processing via
core-odbc (possibly memcached?) with load balancing and tight integration
with an openSER variant doing the balancing. I am hoping to be able to use
the SER (probably opensips) to handle registrations and NAT traversal to
keep the load from the core servers. I will post that question in a
different thread though.

Also, I'm not much of a C programmer so core development is probably out,
but I would be happy to contribute to the project in any way I can with
testing, documentation, or script contribution.

Thanks,
-Jody