[Freeswitch-users] Advice on a tool for SIP callflow testing that asserts that a number of proxies are correctly used

tom strickland mr.tom.strickland at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 04:45:51 PDT 2010

I have a setup where a SIP proxy will route through a number of
applications. An application may in turn proxy the call on, or it may become
a UAS. I'd like to write test code for the original proxy that allows me to
take a call from Alice to Bob and string it along several proxies to an
eventual endpoint and I'd like to be able to monitor the progress of the SIP
traffic at each point. Here's my question: I am mostly used to test software
that pretends to be an endpoint - the UAC or UAS - but not a proxy. Does
anyone have any pointers on ways of asserting that SIP traffic is flowing
throuh a given proxy? I'd like to be able to test that, when Alice calls
Bob, the proxy being tested correctly routes the call through proxyAppA,
thence back to the proxy, then proxyAppB and finally to Bob (the UAS).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom