[Freeswitch-users] What is the purpose of SWITCH_SIG_BREAK?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 09:20:43 PDT 2010

it's somewhat similar to the unix kill

SIG_KILL means kill it for good.
SIG_BREAK means stop any blocking you may be doing and return
immediately but do not die.

on_execute and on_softexecute are state handlers every channel has a
chance to do something when each of its states are changed, many do
not need to use these but others do.

execute is the main state where dialplan is executed.
soft_execute is mostly a dummy state used by internal application like
bridge and scripts to manually execute commands or use an overridden
state to execute a specific function.

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM, jesse <chat2jesse at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could FS developer please illustrate it to me?  in what kind of case
> FS will send out SWITCH_SIG_BREAK instead of SWITCH_SIG_KILL.
>
> Another question is what is the difference between channel_on_execute
> and channel_on_softexecute?
>
> thanks!
>
> -jesse

Anthony Minessale II