[Freeswitch-users] PCMU ringback gets weird if you specify the file extension?

Jock McKechnie jock.mckechnie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 08:15:20 PDT 2010

Hey;

So with early media happy, I'm working on various media files that my
company wants played back. Can anyone shed any light on why if I do this:

<action application='set' data='ringback=sounds/early-media.PCMU'/>

The audio is garbage. But if I do this:

<action application='set' data='ringback=sounds/early-media'/>

The audio is perfect, even though the console clearly shows it is playing
_the same file_:

mod_native_file.c:94 Opening File
[/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/early-media.PCMU] 8000hz

I've got a workaround, so I'm not bothered, but... it seems awfully strange
that specifying the extension confuses it when they are playing the same
file. I'm currently running git.head as of Wednesday.

Thanks;

 - Jock