[Freeswitch-users] icall's carrier service returns 480 Temporarily Unavailable for outbound INVITE

Mark Dale mdale111 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 2 12:39:33 PDT 2010

I've tried using <param name="outbound-codec-prefs" value="PCMU, PCMA"/> and
the INVITE offered only these two codecs, but I still got 480 Temporarily
Unavailable.  So I just set it back to the default.

I've since found that if I set the caller id number to 1234567, the call
always goes through . If I use anything else, the call fails.
Using 1234567, I then get this remote id in the INVITE header:
Remote-Party-ID: "username"
<sip:1234567 at sbc01-car.dal.us.icall.net:5060>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=off
 instead of:
Remote-Party-ID:
"username"<sip:813995XXXX at sbc01-car.dal.us.icall.net:5060>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=off

Am I formatting the caller id incorrectly?

Thanks,

Mark Dale