[Freeswitch-users] Early Media troubles

Jock McKechnie jock.mckechnie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 08:07:54 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> Again I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that this works fine...
> FreeSWITCH will send early media we have people doing this... if it didn't
> work we would have an army of very angry people beating our doors down.  Are
> you doing any RTP proxy on OpenSIPS?

Believe me, I understand what you're saying. This is why I keep suggesting I
must be doing something barmy, but as yet, it just simply isn't working and
I can't find whatever "it" is.

No RTP proxying.

I just tried it with a different inbound provider (Peerless), to ensure it
wasn't specifically a VZ thing, and it isn't. I then realised that I *know*
it's FreeSWITCH not playing ball, not a provider, because I've used
Wireshark to reassemble the RTP and listen to it, and it definitely /is not/
playing any kind of ringing cadence in early media. The early media RTP is
literally silence, until the call 200 OKs and the RTP has the Playback
audio.

What's my next step? Hire a consultant to actually log into the machine? I
don't like admitting defeat, but I'm wondering if I'm to the point where
without having someone staring at how it's set up, and can personally
tcpdump to see what I'm seeing (so they know I'm not full of it;), I'm not
going to get much further.

Thanks;

 - Jock