[Freeswitch-users] Caller-Id Gateways

Brian McDaniel bmcdaniel at teradon.com
Tue Oct 26 13:41:51 PDT 2010

Freeswtich rejects calls based on the format of the caller-id.  I've tried using both an SPA3102 and a Grandstream HT503 gateways and have seen the same issue on both.  Basically freeswitch rejects certain calls if the caller-id is not of the form Name, number, i.e. if it's ANNE, MARIEORTIZ, xxxxx it rejects the call but if the caller-id is ANNE MARIEORTIZ, xxxxxx it's accepts the call and passes the caller id accordingly.  It appears as though freeswitch has issue with the extra comma or that it expects a number instead of text, either way it seems that the call should not be rejected if anything leave the caller-id field blank or put unknown but don't reject the call.  I've seen numerous complaints about this on the web and was wondering if there is a fix to this issue or a workaround.