[Freeswitch-users] FS not detecting public IP address change

Mark Campbell-Smith mcampbellsmith at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 05:04:52 PDT 2010

HI!

I know this question must have been answered 100's of times....

My adsl is a bit dodgy at the moment and tends to go up and down; which
means I get assigned a new ip address from my ISP.  FS is nat'd behind a
upnp capable router.

The problem is that FS does not seem to be detecting the change.   For both
the internal and external profile, I have auto-nat setup, and I have tried
stun and host settings in vars.conf.  When I issue a nat_map status I see my
old IP address, and if I then issue a nat_map reinit, I see the new public
IP address.  How can I get this to be automatic?

Also the public IP address shown in the nat_map status is not the same as
shown in the sofia profile internal/external printouts.  Why is this?

I'm sure this is configuration, just not sure what to change.

Thanks!