[Freeswitch-users] FS does not honour sip-force-contact. Advice?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 12:10:49 PDT 2010

the session timers are used to make sure a call is still alive by
sending a periodic re-invite to make sure the server is still there.
If the devices you are interacting with can't do it properly there is
not much to lose from disabling it.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Victor Chukalovskiy
<victor.chukalovskiy at utoronto.ca> wrote:
>  Anthony,
> Thank you. Disabling timers worked out.
> Since session timers is a per-profile setting, what do we loose by
> disabling them?
> Thank you,
> Victor
>
> On 21/10/10 03:56 PM, Anthony Minessale wrote:
>> disable session timers on both sides of the call, they are interfering
>> with the dialog once it's established.
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Victor Chukalovskiy
>> <victor.chukalovskiy at utoronto.ca>  wrote:
>>> Dear Gurus,
>>>
>>> We have a user behind NAT.
>>> Currently we make him work by using
>>>        <variable name="sip-force-contact"
>>> value="sip:1234 at 171.134.62.106:5060"/>
>>> It works since users IP is static and there is a port forwarding setup for
>>> port 5060 on the users side.
>>>
>>> The problem is that after 15 minutes of a call FreeSWITCH attempts re-INVITE
>>> (RFC 4028 I guess) and does not honour port specified above.
>>> Instead, it uses some 40,000-ish UDP destination port.  Obviously, this
>>> never reaches users phone and FS hangups with "expiry on timer" cause.
>>>
>>> Is the syntax of sip-force-contact above valid?
>>>
>>> Is it normal for re-INVITEs no to honour sip-force-contact?
>>>
>>> I'd try NDLB-tls-connectile-dysfunction but I need clarification:
>>> -will it be honoured by re-INVITEs?
>>> -will it default to port 5060 or should I specify the port?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Victor

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/