[Freeswitch-users] Trouble to start fail2ban

Norman Tomlins norm at voicenetwork.ca
Wed Oct 20 05:17:49 PDT 2010

Javier,

I had to make some changes to the example on the FreeSwitch wiki to get
fail2ban working correctly.   I also have a step-by-step cut&paste guide on
http://wiki.voicenetwork.ca/wiki/Main_Page#Fail2Ban for CentOS.

[freeswitch-tcp]
enabled  = true
port     = 5060,5061,5080,5081
protocol = tcp
filter   = freeswitch
logpath  = /usr/local/freeswitch/log/freeswitch.log
action   = iptables-allports[name=freeswitch-tcp, protocol=all]
           sendmail-whois[name=FreeSwitch, dest=root,
sender=fail2ban at example.org]

[freeswitch-udp]
enabled  = true
port     = 5060,5061,5080,5081
protocol = udp
filter   = freeswitch
logpath  = /usr/local/freeswitch/log/freeswitch.log
action   = iptables-allports[name=freeswitch-udp, protocol=all]
           sendmail-whois[name=FreeSwitch, dest=root,
sender=fail2ban at example.org]

Norman Tomlins
Voice Network Inc.
http://www.VoiceNetwork.ca