[Freeswitch-users] Limit [ERROR] question

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Tue Oct 19 09:56:40 PDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:19 AM, DJB International <djbinter at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you, Rupa.  I will try to change it to hash and see what happen.
>
> Just curiosity, is there any advantage/disadvantage using hash vs. db.  I
> am currently not doing any cluster.  I picked mod_db because it was
> mentioned first in the Wiki/Limit :)

If you aren't clustered, always choose hash.

If you are clustered then you want to choose between db and um... whatever
mod_redis provides (distributed hash).

hash is fast, but non persistent and can't be shared between FS instances
(clustered).
db is slow, persistent and can be shared
redis is slower than hash but faster than db and can be shared.

> Dorn.
>

> --
-Rupa