[Freeswitch-users] Remove rport from Via header

Nicolas Brenner nico at clickfono.com
Tue Oct 19 07:24:53 PDT 2010

Didn't work. My problem is the following: I have a VoIP provider that when
it gets an INVITE from FreeSWITCH, instead of replying to the originating
port (5080), it replies to a random port, and of course FreeSWITCH doesn't
get the reply, so it keeps sending the same INVITE until it times out, even
though the call is actually made and the call status is reported by the
provider, although to some random port where nothing is listening. I talked
to the provider and they are not going to change any config, but told me it
works fine with Asterisk and told me to "disable rport and nat". Only
there's no explicit option to disable nat (like nat=no on Asterisk's
sip.conf) nor to remove the rport parameter from the Via header (which I'm
trying to figure out if it would solve the problem and make the provider's
SIP server reply to the originating port).