[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH HA question&talk

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 04:07:31 PDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Seven Du <dujinfang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone are welcome to help document it consistent and sufficient.
>
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Tihomir Culjaga <tculjaga at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 4:16 AM, Seven Du <dujinfang at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes, just google freeswitch ha
> >>
> >> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Freeswitch_HA
> >>

> > ok, why don't we document it properly?
> >
> > the information on this page is inconsistent and insufficient.

Please don't get me wrong, i can do it ... the only thing is that i missing
the 2nd installed server and test it properly.

can you, please describe this:

sysctl to set net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind = 1
or
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_nonlocal_bind

does it mean i can configure both FS to bind to an IP address that i will
keep floating between 2 servers:

from vars.conf
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="bind_server_ip=10.1.1.100"/>

assuming my floating IP is 10.1.1.100.

is that correct ?

regarding your NAT issue, i guess we can overcome it by butting FS out of
media path

uuid_media off <uuid>
uuid_media <uuid>

maybe there is something general that can do the job for all ongoing
calls....

anyhow, im going to do it once i got the 2nd server installed ...