[Freeswitch-users] exec_after*

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Oct 18 14:20:05 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Sergey Okhapkin
<sos at sokhapkin.dyndns.org>wrote:

> The "h" extension in asterisk is a feature I used extensively. Lack of a
> hangup dialplan handler makes DP programming in FS harder and less clear.

That's what api_hangup_hook is for. Call ends, do an API that can do pretty
much anything you can imagine and you're done. You can even set
session_in_hangup_hook to true so that you have the channel's variables
available even though the channel has been disconnected.

> Fortunately, CDR handlers allow to do some post call cleanup work, but in-
> dialplan implementation would be much better and clearer.

Much better? No. Much clearer, possibly. The benefits of not doing cleanup
work in the dialplan AFTER the channel has gone away far outweigh the
drawbacks. Use api_hangup_hook and session_in_hangup_hook=true. Doing this
stuff outside the dialplan is more efficient and less error-prone.

-MC