[Freeswitch-users] Read only filesystem

Russell Mosemann Russell.Mosemann at cune.org
Sat Oct 16 10:01:16 PDT 2010

Rupa Schomaker wrote:

> Also, swap out your SATA cables or at least ensure they are fully seated.

That's a good suggestion. I had purchased some cheap SATA cables. They were fine at the beginning and over the next year or two they started failing. The drive would just drop out of a RAID array without warning, because it appeared to fail. Testing the drive didn't show any errors. Reseating the cables didn't help. Replacing the cable was the next thing to try, and it fixed the problem. I didn't track down why the cables failed, because it wasn't worth the time. The connector might have oxidized or something.

mose