[Freeswitch-users] Binding to virtual interface (ipsec vpn)

Nicolas Brenner nico at clickfono.com
Mon Oct 11 14:41:25 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> 100% you should only be setting sip-ip sip-port and rtp-ip
> you don't need the ext-* family of params at all.
>
> did you check netstat -na | grep <your ip> to see that it was bound?

The external profile is bound to port 5080 on the specified ip address,
maybe the title of my email is somewhat misleading, but the problem is that
even though it is bound to that address, it is not sending out any traffic.

> I think it's a network interface configuration problem more than anything
> else.

The network interface is actually working fine, I can ping the gateway and
telnet to the port where it is configured to listen. Basically, I can
communicate with it manually, but not with FS.

> It could also be iptables which you can prove by disabling it to see
> any improvement and then craft appropriate rules.

iptables is actually disabled for these tests, yet this is all I get from
tcpdump while trying to originate a call:

tcpdump -nq -s 0 -A -vvv host 200.13.15.220
tcpdump: listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 65535
bytes

0 packets captured
0 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel