[Freeswitch-users] pid file can't open

Peter Schrock peter.schrock at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 14:07:34 PDT 2010

I loaded fink and macports to be able to access binaries to help with my use
of freeswitch. come to find out, fink and macports are not supported. I
tried uninstalling fink and macports and now I am having trouble with
freeswitch and opening the freeswitch.pid file. Does anyone have any
suggestions on what I should do? Here is the error message I keep getting:

Error: stacksize 65532 is too large: run ulimit -s 240 or run
/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch -waste.
auto-adjusting stack size for optimal performance...
Cannot open pid file /usr/local/freeswitch/run/freeswitch.pid.

If anyone can help, that would be truly appreciated.

PeterS