[Freeswitch-users] dialplan ring_ready/sleep question

Steve Richardson steve at comrex.com
Wed Nov 24 09:49:40 PST 2010

Hello,

I am attempting to use the dialplan ring_ready and sleep applications as
follows (from my public.xml file):

<extension name="foo">
<condition field="destination_number" expression="5551234567">
<!-- indicate ringing to the caller for a configurable amount of time
(in ms)-->
<action application="ring_ready" />
<action application="sleep" data="30000"/>

<!-- hang up if no answer (goes busy after?) -->
<action application="hangup" data="NO_ANSWER"/>
</condition>
</extension>

My intent is to have the incoming call in the ring state for up to 30
seconds, during which time I would like to issue API commands from my
custom application (which is using the event socket interface) to
transfer the call to various places.

The issue that I'm having is that the sleep seems to be
non-interruptable.  If I try to issue a uuid_transfer command to
transfer the sleeping channel somewhere, it seems the sleep timer has to
expire before it will transfer.  Similarly, if the caller disconnects,
the channel stays around until the sleep timer expires, and then it is
destroyed.

Is there some way to wake a sleeping channel out of sleep?  I've looked
for anything obvious and tried a number of things to no avail.
Alternately, is there a better way to approach this?

thanks,
Steve