[Freeswitch-users] Alarm Receiver for FreeSWITCH?

Jim Lynch jim at k4gvo.com
Tue Nov 23 07:49:57 PST 2010

On 11/06/2010 03:50 PM, Nazim Aghabayov wrote:
> Hello Jim,
>
> No need for a module, this functionality can be achieved with a simple
> LUA ivr script.
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Lua
>
> Regards,
> Nazim
>
> On 11/06/2010 11:37 PM, Jim Lynch wrote:
>
>> Alarmreceiver is an Asterisk application for the security industry. From
>> the description of the module, "This application emulates an SIA
>> (Ademco) Contact ID alarm receiver. The Contact ID protocol is the most
>> popular signalling protocol used between alarm panels and central stations."

In reading the SIA documentation for an Alarm Receiver application, the
device sends (and expects) both DTMF and single frequency tones
depending on the situation.  I see that dialplans can include checking
for single frequency tones, but I didn't see any reference to being able
to decode these from LUA.  Is that something that would be easy to
implement?  Where might I start looking to do so?  Sending of tones
could be accomplished via a .wav file so that part is covered.

Thanks,
Jim.