[Freeswitch-users] attack, still no ip address logging

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Sun Nov 21 06:45:14 PST 2010

Hi.  I was attacked by that famous Friendly scanner, but in the fs logs
it did not give the ip address -- I had to put the siptrace on to get
the address and dropped all packets.  The strange thing was even after
dropping the ip address using shorewall, it kept going for a while -- I
restarted fs and that seemed to fix things, I am not sure if this was a
coincidence or not.

I would urge the devs to put the ip address in the request registration
or somewhere other than the bad password so fail2ban can be configured
to drop the ip address.

I don't mean to bother people, but it was a pain and I couldn't make any
calls for some time till I fixed things manually.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         covici at ccs.covici.com