[Freeswitch-users] transfer_ringback heard by both parties (during att_xfer)

Fraser Redmond fraserredmond at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 10:51:31 PST 2010

I've been exploring att_xfer the last couple of days and am really happy
with it, works really well, and it's been interesting looking back at old
mailing list emails to see how it's evolved over the years.

One thing that isn't quite how I'd expected it to be is that if I set
transfer_ringback=$${hold_music}  both the original parties hear it, instead
of just the person who is being transferred. For example (if we have lines
A, B, C: A calls in to B, then B transfers to C and hangs up leaving A & C
talking) then during the transfer A hears the hold_music (which is what I'd
expect) but when C's phone is ringing B hears it as hold_music instead of a
'normal' ringback.

Reading through the wiki, it looked like setting one of these vars before
doing the transfer might work, but no change:
                <action application="set" data="ringback=${us-ring}"/>
                <action application="set" data="ignore_early_media=true"/>

Anything else I should try? Or is this intended behaviour, or a bug?

Cheers,
Fraser