[Freeswitch-users] IMPORTANT NEWS: blacklist.pl script not working because of infiltrated.net expiration

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Nov 19 10:45:19 PST 2010

Hello all,

It seems that infiltrated.net expired yesterday. This is the source of the
data for our blacklist.pl script. The script pulls two files:

http://www.infiltrated.net/voipabuse/addresses.txt
http://www.infiltrated.net/voipabuse/netblocks.txt

It uses these two files for building a better ACL that rejects known bad
guys. Since these files are not currently available the script will receive
bogus information and pollute the ACL. If you have run the
blacklist.plscript prior to the failure and your system is working
properly then please
make a backup copy of your freeswitch.xml.fsxml file. This will contain the
proper ACL nodes. DO NOT RESTART FREESWITCH OR RELOAD XML BEFORE BACKING UP
THIS FILE! If you do then you will lose the information.

I am researching this right now and I will update you as soon as I have some
information. In the meantime if any of you have a freeswitch.xml.fsxml file
with the blacklist info please zip and email me offlist a copy of that file
and I will see if I can't extract the IPs and create a temporary workaround.
I will also be updating the blacklist.pl script to do some error checking so
that it doesn't pollute the ACL.

Last item: if you have inside knowledge of what's happening with the VoIP
Abuse project please contact me off list.

Thanks,
Michael S Collins