[Freeswitch-users] Change mod_skypopen ptime to 10ms?

Roman_ lists at ione.ch
Wed Nov 17 19:48:46 PST 2010

Hi,

I am using mod_skypopen to connect Skype to FreeSWITCH. I then tried to use
CELT at 48000h for incoming Skype calls and routing calls to a second
FreeSWITCH box. I am aware that G722 at 16000h would be sufficient as the audio
stream from Skype seems to be only 16kHz anyway (although Skype itself
indicates it uses 24kHz), but my goal is to have two FreeSWITCH boxes
connected using 48kHz audio, because I can :-). And I might add clients
later using CELT.

Anyway, when trying to connect a call, FreeSWITCH logs the following line
and eventually ends up using G722 at 16000@20i (even though CELT has a higher
preference).

2010-11-17 16:59:49.009646 [WARNING] sofia_glue.c:213 Codec CELT payload 98
added to sdp wanting ptime 10 but it's already 20 (L16:10:20), disabling
ptime.

Going through the source code of mod_skypopen I could see that it uses 20ms
buffers (if I understand the source code correctly), and it calls
"skypopen_codec()" with the parameter codec_ms equal to 20ms.

So my question is: Is there any way to make FreeSWITCH use CELT at 48000h@10i
when handling a call coming from mod_skypopen? Would I need to change
mod_skypopen to use 10ms buffers? Or is there a specific reason that
mod_skypopen is using 20ms?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Roman