[Freeswitch-users] T.38 and Audiocodes or Patton gateway

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Tue Nov 16 07:39:22 PST 2010

Tim,

  I've have good experiences with the MP-20x series using T.38 with FreeSWITCH.

  On the AudioCodes:
  Make sure your T.30 and T.38 redundancy settings are at least "1".
  Make sure ECM is disabled.
  Use the latest 2.6 firmware (not 3.x).

  In FreeSWITCH:
  Make sure ECM is disabled.
  Make sure to have a very high (600 seconds seems ideal) media/rtp
timeout parameter on the Sofia profile for the AudioCodes device.

  On the fax machine:
  Make sure ECM is disabled.
  Disable Super G3 or anything higher than 14.4.