[Freeswitch-users] Call a registered user

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Sat Nov 13 09:58:49 PST 2010

Quite technically doing this is WRONG.  You should NEVER EVER call anything but the contact the user registers with.  I hate when providers do this.  What you should do is change the To header to the proper person you're contacting.  Asterisk can only route on the RURI but in FreeSWITCH you can route on any number of things.   Read sofia_glue.c down in do_invite you can modify just about every aspect of the invite with various variables.  You can modify it to the point that the invite will fail so be careful its up to you to know where the line is drawn we don't like limiting your ability to do things so dive in what you want is possible just not easy... see the RURI example in the bottom of default.xml if you really want to modify the RURI of a user registered on the system.

/b