[Freeswitch-users] (no subject)

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 05:50:23 PST 2010

It's certainly acceptable:

RFC3261:
Header field          where   proxy ACK BYE CAN INV OPT REG
Contact                2xx           -   -   -   m   o   o

i.e. mandatory in 200 reply to invite but *optional* for 200 reply to register.

I don't know whether currently there's any way to disable it though.
Looking through the source quickly I don't think it's currently
possible, but one of the core developers would be able to give a
better answer.

sofia_reg.c:1452                 nua_respond(nh, SIP_200_OK,
SIPTAG_CONTACT(sip->sip_contact),
sofia_reg.c:1453
TAG_IF(path_val, SIPTAG_PATH_STR(path_val)), NUTAG_WITH_THIS(nua),
SIPTAG_DATE_STR(date), TAG_END());

This seems to be where the response is sent, but the contact header is
always sent - it's not conditional on anything.

Out of interest, what makes you think that it's the contact header
that's the problem? Can you configure your client to send an ip&port
in the contact header instead of *, perhaps that would work better?

-Steve