[Freeswitch-users] Alarm Receiver for FreeSWITCH?

Jim Lynch jim at k4gvo.com
Sat Nov 6 13:46:15 PDT 2010

Nazim Aghabayov wrote:
> Hello Jim,
>
> No need for a module, this functionality can be achieved with a simple
> LUA ivr script.
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Lua
>
> Regards,
> Nazim

Hi, Nazim,

Thanks for the response.  I was investigating LUA to see if it would
have the necessary functionality and it does with one possible
exception.  I'll need to execute a program after the data is received
and stored on disk or in a DB.  I saw a reference to an "os.execute"
function in the LUA programming manual
(http://www.lua.org/pil/22.2.html). Is that function available from the
version of LUA that exists in FS? I. e. is the LUA language fully
supported in FS?

Example:
os.execute("mkdir " .. dirname)

Thanks,