[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch as STUN server?

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Wed Nov 3 18:31:32 PDT 2010

The two IPs are necessary to determine if this is a full-cone nat or not.
 From the RFC:

To determine if it's behind a full-cone NAT, the client can send a
   STUN Binding Request with flags that tell the STUN server to send a
   response from a different IP address and port than the request was
   received on.  In other words, if the client sent a Binding Request to
   IP address/port A/B using a source IP address/port of X/Y, the STUN
   server would send the Binding Response to X/Y using source IP
   address/port C/D.  If the client receives this response, it knows it
   is behind a full cone NAT.

I guess it isn't strictly required, but you won't be able to support all
stun requests and nat topologies if only bound to 1 public IP.

-Rupa