[Freeswitch-users] Mobile + FS + FXS = 487 ORIGINATOR_CANCEL

Garrison Hoffman garrison at codefix.net
Wed Nov 3 17:30:34 PDT 2010

I have this recurring issue when using an ATA with FreeSwitch. The
specific ATA doesn't seem to matter, as I've tried two Grandstream's and
currently a Patton SL4022.

When voicemail is set to ring for 30 seconds, many calls — especially
those from mobile networks — get dropped with 487 ORIGINATOR_CANCEL.

Oddly enough. the issue never occurs when using an IP phone.

Reducing the ring time to 20 sec allows calls to go to voicemail, but
presumably doesn't actually fix anything. I've tried a variety of early
media & ringback settings, but to little effect.

I've searched the mail archives, wiki, and flipped through the book, but
while I've found lots of things to try, I'm not really any closer to
understanding precisely why the caller leg hangs up.

sip trace: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/14398

-gh