[Freeswitch-users] Any info on mod_sndfile? what is it used for? It is not documented although it is large !

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 02:52:19 PDT 2010

It provides support for reading most of the sound file formats that FS
supports. Almost anything that involves a sound file (e.g. voicemail,
playback, IVR, record etc) requires it. It isn't necessary if you're
just routing calls between endpoints, but anything more complex
probably requires it.

-Steve