[Freeswitch-users] anti SPIT mechanisms

lands at freenet.de lands at freenet.de
Mon May 31 09:29:19 PDT 2010

Hi,

today I got my first automated SPIT call over my ekiga account. So I
looked for anti SPIT mechanisms in freeswitch´s wiki and found
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_limit

Well, it only limits spit calls. So I looked further and found that
asterisk script:

exten => 123456,1,Set(pin=${UNIQUEID:-2})
exten => 123456,n,Playback(your_password_is)
exten => 123456,n,SayDigits(${pin})
exten => 123456,n,Authenticate(${pin})
exten => 123456,n,Goto(some_context_ring_ring,s,1)

So, let the caller repeat a random number and has to prove that he/she
is an human. Well, has anyone done something like this or better
mechanisms within freeswitch?

Chris