[Freeswitch-users] Installing OpenZap?

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Fri May 28 08:58:52 PDT 2010

>Thanks Joseph for the tip. Indeed, I chowned /usr/local/freeswitch so
>all files are owned by freeswitch.freeswitch, but I compiled and
>installed dahdi as root.

The chown business is fine, but who does fs actually run as? Do you use
init scripts?

# ps aux |grep freeswitch

>How do I check file permissions for dahdi? How do I check what udev rules are?

What platform are you on? If you want, use the packages from Atrpms, Axel
builds them with a udev patch and Oslec.

You need to look in /etc/udev/rules.d/ for something dahdi related:
Yours obviously set the interface to be owned by a user/group asterisk.

FS can't access them:) See your second post, note the perms for `other`?

Edit your dahdi rule to change the owner to whoever runs fs.

HTH,
jlc