[Freeswitch-users] make current -> "Failed to add directory 'libs/openzap'"

GillesToo codecomplete at free.fr
Tue May 25 12:49:56 PDT 2010

Hello

After updating a test CentOS 5.4 host with "yum update", I wanted to also
update Freeswitch. I followed the Installation Guide
(http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_Guide) thusly:

---------
# cd /usr/src/freeswitch

# diff build/modules.conf.in modules.conf
[nothing shown]

# make current
[...]
U    libs/libsndfile/examples/sndfile-play-beos.cpp
U    libs/libsndfile/reconfigure.mk
U   libs/libsndfile
svn: Failed to add directory 'libs/openzap': object of the same name already
exists
make: *** [current] Error 1
---------

Then, I ran "make current" a second time:
---------
# make update
cd . && /bin/sh /usr/src/freeswitch/build/config/missing --run aclocal-1.9
 cd . && /bin/sh /usr/src/freeswitch/build/config/missing --run automake-1.9
--gnu
configure.in:898: required file `build/freeswitch.pc.in' not found
Makefile.am:256: ADD_LIBEDIT does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:263: ADD_LIBEDIT does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:268: ADD_ODBC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
---------

FWIW, this host has an one-FXO OpenVox PCI card and things were working OK.

Is there something I can try besides wiping out /usr/src/freeswitch/ and
just compiling from scratch?

Thank you.