[Freeswitch-users] Recommendations for adapter replacement ...

Garrison Hoffman garrison at codefix.net
Thu May 13 11:52:16 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 17:55 +0000, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> >Naturally I'll be comparing them against Peder's
> >recommendation of the SPA2102, which has moved to the top of my list (at
> >least until I can get price info from Patton).
>
> Buddy, my experience is that device works well for fax, but voice
> is bad on it. It echoes like hell and support is what you expect
> from a consumer grade product...

Well, it's a dynamic list :-D

I have enough experience with Linksys/Cisco routers that I had some
hesitation even as I wrote that, meanwhile I've discovered that my
preferred vendor apparently sells Patton and I'm seriously considering
http://www.voipsupply.com/sl4022 T.38 isn't listed there but is on
Patton's site.

There's an obvious bias on this list against, as you say, consumer grade
products, which often work fine within limited parameters, but I'm
finding that when it comes to VoIP hardware those limitations are more
frequently exceeding my tolerance. In other words, a 100% difference in
price counts for less than a 50% difference in the amount of time I need
to spend getting it to work.

-gh