[Freeswitch-users] mod_managed or a script, sending DTMF and receiving DTMF

Chris freeswitch at gilligan.id.au
Thu May 13 02:32:50 PDT 2010

HI,
I am currently working on a project in mod_managed and i am trying to
discover the best way to meet my requirements.  i am hoping someone will
have some ideas.  This could be implemented in one of the other scripting
language if needed.

What i am trying to do is reprogram a remote device via the phone.  The
device takes commands in the form of DTMF tones and responds in different
DTMF tones depending on success or failure. An example of the flow would be

freeswitch -> 342523#
device -> 1
freeswitch -> 356789#
device ->2

device always responds with one digit and freeswitch sends many.

I was hoping to do this with a database and mod_managed but i can't workout
how to send the DTMF in mod_managed unless i user audio files for it which
seems to be the wrong way to go to me. While i would prefer a mod_managed
solution i will take anything i can find.

Chris