[Freeswitch-users] Questions on Building an application for FreeSWITCH

Phone phone.bytes at gmail.com
Wed May 12 12:40:58 PDT 2010

I am looking for a boot in the right direction on the following project.

I am looking to build an "application" with FS where it will frequently
check a database and then make an outbound call when a record with
certain conditions is found in the DB.  It needs to determine if the
call was then answered by a machine/vm, busy, or answered by a person,
play a message and get a response back to be recorded in the db.  It may
find many calls that need to be made at the same time.  It will be
running on a PRI.

I am confused as to what approach to use to accomplish this.

Lua Script, Perl Script, Javascript, Phython, PHP, Ruby....etc.
Liverpie, ESL....etc.
Or a totally different approach.

I realize that there is not only one "correct" way to build this, but I
am looking for advise from those who have done this type of thing
before.  I value the opinion of those who have gone down this road and
would be willing to share their thoughts on a recommended path to take
to accomplish this.

Thanks