[Freeswitch-users] In-band vs. Out-of-band DTMF

VM Knott vmknott at gmail.com
Tue May 11 13:07:34 PDT 2010

I'm trying to test DTMF signalling using in-band DTMF.
Currently my application monitors the signals via the ESL socket,
which works great for out-of-band DTMF.

My problem is that when I run my current test using in-band, I'm using
a phone line that I know supports out-of band DTMF, so I'm not sure
that the data I'm seeing in the ESL socket is out-of-band or in-band.

Does anyone know:

a) if in-band signalling appears the same across the ESL socket?

b) if I should be looking somewhere specific for the in-band signals.

c) is there a way to disable out-of-band signalling so I can test only
the in-band?

Victor